BMO Announces 2021 BMO Celebrating Women Grant Recipients
BMO Financial Group today announced the 2021 recipients of its BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program for women-owned businesses, in collaboration with Deloitte. As part of this year’s program, BMO has pledged $200,000 in grants awarded to 18 Canadian women-owned businesses and eight women-owned businesses from across the United States for their contribution to social, environmental and/or economic sustainability outcomes through their organizations’ policies, practices or products.
Responses received from this year’s applicants demonstrated that women business owners are among the most active, resilient and resourceful groups of entrepreneurs driving sustainable development. The recipients overcame the many challenges brought on by the pandemic using creative and innovative ways of conducting business in an evolving environment.
“Congratulations to these bold entrepreneurs who are driving change and advancing sustainability in their communities through their businesses,” said Erminia (Ernie) Johannson, Group Head, North American Personal and Business Banking, BMO Financial Group. “Our commitment to removing barriers to women’s financial progress is at the heart of our BMO Celebrating Women programs and a driving force behind our Purpose to boldly grow the good in business and in life. Through lending, investing, giving and engagement in our local communities, our goal is to create more opportunity for recovery and success.”
The 2021 BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program Canadian recipients are:
- Brave Soles (Toronto, ON)
- Concept Geebee Inc. (Sherbrooke, QC)
- CORE Landscape Products (Courtenay, BC)
- Déclic Ressource en Intervention Éducative Précoce Inc. (Montréal, QC)
- Épicerie LOCO (Montréal, QC)
- ImaginAble Solutions (Hamilton, ON)
- Kotmo (Montréal, QC)
- Massy Books (Vancouver, BC)
- Mme L’Ovary (Montréal, QC)
- Nada (Vancouver, BC)
- Permalution (Sherbrooke, QC)
- RainStick Shower (Kelowna, BC)
- Re4m Design and Fabrication (Ottawa, ON)
- Remix Snacks (Markham, ON)
- Sahajan (Toronto, ON)
- Sankara | Online Multicultural Marketplace (Saint John, NB)
- Sitti Social Enterprise Ltd. (Oakville, ON)
- Skwálwen Botanicals (Brackendale, BC)
The 2021 BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program U.S. recipients are:
- 360 Mind Body Soul, LLC – Chicago
- Compost Crusader LLC – St. Francis, Wisc.
- Majamas Earth – Oak Park, Ill.
- MaKee Company, LLC – St. Paul, Minn.
- Pretty Girls Are Educated – Milwaukee
- Sista Afya Community Mental Wellness – Chicago
- Spilt Milk Pastry – Oak Park, Ill.
- Wisconsin Health Insurance Advocate, LLC – Wauwatosa, Wisc.
To learn more about the grant recipients and access tools and educational resources for women entrepreneurs visit: bmoforwomen.com and bmoharris.com/women. Join the social conversation using #BMOforWomen.